Friday, March 6, 2009

You've got another think coming...

Hi all,
This blog has just been resurrected by me, due to the fact that my ACE is precious and the tsunamis of homework have finally been halted by the corals of Week 10 and the mangroves of the holidays. However, the forces at work are still there, an actions must be taken such that their devastating effects will be unable to affect us when these shields are reaching their ends. That was nice metaphor, wasn't it? How egoistic can I be, really...
Anyway, I'm not doing my Geography 1.8, because I'm still reading "To Kill a Mockingbird". OK, I know I should be doing my 1.8, cause I've already read the book like ten times from November to December,when I first bought it, but still, the delight of applying the concept of "chewing the cud" to a book is very nice.
Well, what I'll be talking about today is about Friday's CA. Mrs Laura Ng shouldn't have termed it "debate motion", cause she made me structure a really bad rebuttal at Cheng Yao's points, but Cheng Yao has finally been able to set a lot of very nice traps for trapping opponents, as you can see when he reiterated his stand that he was all for donation, but not for legalising. His reply to my point about the right of life wasn't good, but the right of life argument is one of the strongest cards anyone can play in the debate, which was why I left it as my final point, but no one seemed to get the hint. Weirdness upon weirdness. I wanted to mention something about liberal democracies too, but there were teachers behind, so I stopped myself.
Excluding Cheng Yao, cause he's a debater, I personally feel that teh best speaker was Mark. Mark's confidence has been growing really steadily, from the Crawfurd (Am I spelling his name correctly? No offence.) thing to this. Mark's points were relatively solid too. I wonder if Yi Zhe would have been best speaker if he was there, because his points were all like really heavy and really strong points, and if Yi Zhe could speak well on that day, well, in Chinese, they call it adding eyes to the dragon, which basically means enhancing something that's already really strong and good.
Which brings me to the History thing. Zhu Cheng thrown a lot of facts inside, but it just wasn't easy for him to express the first part, cause he didn't read LKY's memoirs (book 1 and 2), and I did, but no offence to him, cause I took bac the books and if Zhu Cheng were to read it, he would not be able to do a lot of stuff. It was really heart wrenching. In case any of you notice, I was tearing when Zhu Cheng said that portion.
But back to yesterday. To be honest, I had a premonition that we would be released early yesterday. One of my Sec 2 debate senior told me as we walked into the hall, I quote: 'There are only two reason why he calls us here like that. One, the system's screwed up. Two, we're going to be released early. Look, (Dr.) Hon's smiling. That's a good sign." 
So yeah. As my title states very clearly, if you expected this to be long, you've got another think coming. It's time for me to do my 1.8 and do up my History file. Bye people!
Cheers,
Darrel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home