Saturday, March 14, 2009

2300 - little thoughts of a passenger

Hi all,
Sorry for the really depressing and confusing post, I really felt like that. I feel so much more better after venting my feelings. 
Anyway, the previous night, i was travelling home after the match between Liv'pool and Man Utd. As commented in the class blog, a 4-1 win is seriously very surprising. Even though I said that only serious Liv'pool fans would bet on such a score, I asked one of my relatives, who is one of them, and he said that 2-1 was very good already. In the end, it's Singapore Pool who takes the most money. 
Anyway, while my dad was fetching my cousins home with me on the car, at the traffic light near the overhead bridge that is very close to our school, we saw a young man drop his handphone at the bus stop as he was crossing the road. A Samaritan immediately got off the 132 bus next to us, picked up the phone, and shouted for him to come back here. 
(Skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to hear the moral,P6 Oral stuff.) I feel that this is very good, for we live in a self-centred society, where coldness enshrouds every single person's heart, and it is good to know that within some of our hearts, the little bright seed of warmness can still emnate with glory and brightness, it can still rip off that blanket of ice over a person's heart. A flame may be small against an iceberg, but if the small flame is hot enough, it can melt the iceberg, and this is exactly what I saw.
Anyway, any good moral views that I had was thrown out of the window when my cousin commented that both were of the same race, with no offence meant to anyone. I apologise for attempting to be so politically correct, but I don't want my comment to set off a furore, virtual or reality. I sincerely mean no offence to any race groups. 
Anyway, after we had left that scene, we saw a police car next to us. As we were in a car that was supposed to sit only 5, and there were 6 in the car, with one of us without a safety belt, naturally I would get panicked, thinking that a fine was in order, but the police car just drove off. Being really really puzzled, cause I thought that the police were supposed to be really strict, I voiced my inquiries. My two cousins, both serving N.S., nearly laughed their heads off. Through the laughter, I heard one of them say ,"You cannot believe in the police one! Inside the car, one of them is regular, the rest of them is like us one! Driving around at 2330 already very sian (boring), where got check one! They supposed to shine torchlight into car, but who really care!"
"Really?", I replied, not really believing that this was true, for if it was, why were the general public so afraid of the police?
"Yeah! Only traffic police on motorcycle than you scared, this one don't need la! You know on TV, they say what 'the steel within', right? You see them go do duty, all of them slack one! They sit under the tree in the hot sun, say vulgarities, never do any work, two minutes only, all will go 'Sergeant, smoke break leh!' Don't know one hour got how many smoke break."
  After hearing my cousin enlighten me (no offence to any NSmen who feel deeply insulted, and I'm not being sarcastic), I truly understand why Singapore wants to make peace with every other country to fight the terrorists. (No offence to any military personnel.)

Cheers,
Darrel

P.S. Saw a really big rat on the void deck of my cousin's house. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home