Sunday, March 29, 2009

JGs Quarter Finals

Hi all,
Firstly, when I arrived, I saw:
  1. 3 Sec 4 debaters, two I don't know very well and vice versa, one I know very well and vice versa.
  2. 1 Se1 NYGH debate nemesis, cause she's a good speaker/debater, and she was once my enemy in terms of EL and CL in primary school (her Chinese was too good for me to take down. She's not as good as the Chairman, JY and Ming En, but her compositions are slightly worse than mine. I beat her in English)
  3. 1 Sec 2 NYGH debater senior from my primary school, but she didn't recognise me. I know her cause she was a prefect when she was P6 and I was P5.
Yup, so anyway, the debate commenced. 
Speaker scores by me (not official and not final)
Nettie: 7/10
Kah How: 8/10
Ee Wei: 8 + half/ 10
Li Ki: 8/10
Nicolette: 6 + half/ 10
Darion: 8/10

In the end, while waiting in the adjudication (complex and fanciful word for judging), the seniors told us to spread the message that if we didn't win, we're going to jump into the pond.
So, we won, even though the best speaker was 2nd Prop. Li Ki was so emotional, he did something that was completely unexpected, which I'm not supposed to say. Boo.

So yeah, that's all. Just describing my work-orientated weekend. Actually, my schedule consists of three parts - work, sleep, eat. Except on Saturday, where I watched 1 hour of Animal Planet. Apparently, this is Sec 1. Never mind, at least I still get to sleep, compared to CSE (Cannot Sleep Early). Haha.

Furthermore, this post is really really short, only 150+ words

Cheers,
Darrel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home