Tuesday, March 31, 2009

School at 8pm

Hi all,
I'm in the mood to descibe the scene I encountered when I left debate training.

I gasped when I stepped outside. The darkness had mercilessly snuffed out the lights. Trying not think about the Japanese Occupation, I stepped outside and walked towards the multi-story carpark. 

Near KK Hall, I saw a women practising Tai Chi. The mind is an amazing tool, and how I wonder why my mind can so easily link this image to that of a young Chinese women brought to this once-Japanese stronghold. At 8, when you're tired and hungry, your mind can make very weird connections.

I walked to the multi-story carpark using the SMTP block. The first floor lights were all turned on, casting a pale white glow over the eerily green tiles and my determined face of not to think of anything scary. However, it is relatively difficult to look at the surroundings and not think about appartitions and many P3 average compostions with things like, "I saw something like a white blanket" "I screamed with horror" "The ghost knocked me down" etc.

Finally, I passed by the comforting lights of the area near LT 3 and the General Office. There, it was brightly lighted all the way to the carpark. Home safe home? Not the best description, but relatively apt.

When you look at so many turned on lights at such a late time, you are in a dilemma. The lights provide you with safe travelling and comfort you, but it adds to global warming. What do you think? It's your choice.

Cheers,
Darrel

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home