Saturday, April 18, 2009

Digression from serious work

Hi all,
I have absolutely no idea why I am posting this, cause I'm supposed to be doing my worksheets to allocate time for revision tomorrow. But anyway, I'm just posting this cause I most likely want to have a quick break before I set off to this mysterious restaurant to celebrate my mother's upcoming birthday:).
But anyway, speaking of digression from serious work, how do you digress from a topic in conversation? (Why am I saying this? Personally, I have no idea, but that's no the point.) In a conversation, let's use me and Timothy (no offence to him, it's just that its a good real life example.) The conversation basically goes like this.

Tim: How much is Lea (a very good friend of mine who is a girl and unfortunately mistaken to be my crush) worth to you?
Me: She's worth a lot to me as a friend.
Tim: What about a GIRLFRIEND?
Me: Er...she's not my girlfriend, so no worth there. 

This will go on till the end of lessons, so this is bad. To digress, this is how it should go.

Tim: How much is Lea worth to you?
Me: She's worth a lot to me as a friend. By the way, how is doing in ? Do you still call her commonly?
Tim: NO!!! She's not my crush!
Me: Are you sure?
Tim: YES!!!
Me: I don't believe you. Anyway, we should pay more attention.
Tim: OK.

Digression successful!:)

Cheers,
Darrel

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home