Sunday, April 12, 2009

Photo Montage

Hi all,
This is my photo montage. Quite a few people appeared here, if you have any objections to your face appearing here, do tell me. The song is "We are the world", a relatively old song which includes Michael Jackson and quite a number of other singers. Just in case you were wondering, this is the first chorus, with mainly Michael Jackson singing, though I can't identify the other person singing. The lyrics are "We are the world, we are the children\We are the ones who make a brighter day\so let's start giving\There's a choice we're making\We're saving out own lives\It's true, we make a better day\Just you and me". 
What is my reason for choosing the song? It's not only the fact that the opening scene portrays the world, and that the ending is me and CY, but the point is this song was created by Michael Jackson to tell the world that there was a country out there whose citizens are dying and they needed help. To help others, the whole point about being a compassionate leader and a leader who can care about others, isn't that exactly what we are supposed to be? Aren't those the basic marking of a good leader? Since with the theme of identity, this point is so important, that we should strive for this point to define us, I used this song. This is just to let you know, just in case you were interested why didn't I choose more modern day songs.

Cheers,
Darrel

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger zhu cheng said...

Hi Darrel,

Um, I don't really understand the photo montage. What is the meaning behind it? U said:

the world that there was a country out there whose citizens are dying and they needed help. To help others, the whole point about being a compassionate leader and a leader who can care about others, isn't that exactly what we are supposed to be? Aren't those the basic marking of a good leader?

I can't actually comprehend/infer the above from the montage. The photos don't really seem to have any link to the above. (E.G. How is my pic gotta do with the above???????)

Anyway, just one suggestion - u can make the pictures sort of "adhere" better/ link to each other better, to make the montage run smoother.

Zhu Cheng

April 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM

 
Blogger zhu cheng said...

One more comment.

I don't really appreciate the character Michael Jackson. Maybe u can sing the song personally, load the voice file, and attach it to this post. U take ABRSM examinations, right?

April 17, 2009 at 8:45 AM

 
Blogger DL said...

Hi Zhu Cheng,
OK, I know, bad explanation. Here's a better one. I'm doing on identity. I'm using HCI as the basis of my current identity. HCI's target is to develop compassion (in its students for society). The song also seeks to develop compassion (except that it's in its listeners and it's for African people). Won't you agree that since HCI's purpose and the song's purpose mesh, the song sort of fits? You're inside cause you're a compassionate leader :)
And NO, if I were to sing, the first you do when you see me next after listening to my singing would be to bash me up. :)

Cheers,
Darrel

April 18, 2009 at 4:20 AM

 
Blogger DL said...

Oh, sorry, just an add-on. Despite whatever he has done (I don't want to state what, I may be sued for slander if they're actually not true, cause I'm not very sure myself), he's a good singer, and anyway, what matters is the song, not the singer. It's like, a famous detective and a amatuer one can work on the same mystery. What matters is how the mystery is solved. And the part about my singing is already elaborated above.

April 18, 2009 at 4:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home